Following from the recommendations of the Saturviit Montreal Forum for creating a space for Inuit services in Montreal. The project will structure the efforts of Inuit organizations working in Montreal towards establishing an Inuit Centre in Montreal. The project will be managed by a Steering Committee in order to create a coalition of Inuit organizations. The objective will be to establish a strategic plan of action to create the Inuit Centre.
Reporting to the Steering Committee, the Project Coordinator will have to prepare and coordinate the meetings of the Steering Committee and the Inuit Coalition. Their responsibility will be to help set agendas, take minutes for the committee, provide resources to the Coalition in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Prepare the reports on the project
- Help the Executive Director reach the Inuit partners to establish membership for an Inuit Coalition
- Set agendas and coordinate meetings with the Executive Director
- Provide needed resources and information to the members of the Steering Committee and Inuit Coalition
- Book facility and food services for meetings when needed
- Prepare all the necessary documents for the meetings
- Follow-up on decisions taken by the committee
- Provide progress reports to the Executive Director weekly by phone or email.
The Project Coordinator will work from their home or choice of location in order to do the work. They will provide their own office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, printer) to carry out the work.
This position is a full-time contract. Start date is as soon as possible and completion date is March 31, 2023.
Salary is according to experience ($25 – $35$/hr). There is an office allowance to cover office expenses. There are other possible benefits that are under negotiations.
Send your CV with a cover letter and references to the Saturviit Executive Director:
DEADLINE: February 28, 2020
Application deadline is February 28, 2019 at 5:00PM ET.
Executive Director Hiring Committee
Candidates who are beneficiaries under the James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement will be given first consideration based on qualifications. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Saturviit Inuit Women’s
Association of Nunavik
C/O KRG Regional &
Local Development Department
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq, Qc J0M 1C0