Communications OfficerJob Opportunity
FULL-TIME (30 Hours / weekly)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the communications officer serves as a day-to-day coordinator of internal and external communications. In addition, the incumbent will support colleagues and the board of directors in the areas of social media and professional relations. The communications officer works closely with the executive director on the drafting and issuing of timely Saturviit announcements, and the creation and execution of communications plans regarding the associations priorities. The officer is responsible for maintenance activities related to media relations, and the associations website.
The communications officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and providing professional and technical support and to structure communications
that are coherent with the organizations mission statement.
- Draft announcements, memos, and presentations on behalf of the association.
- Develop a communications plan to help achieve the goals of projects and priorities set by the board and executive director.
- Update Web site and Facebook pages with current information
- Organize internal and external communications
- Write quarterly reports on communications for the executive director
- Works collaboratively with the Saturviit team to create and execute communications plans and strategies in support of Saturviit.
- Sits at the board of directors meetings to provide communications guidance and counsel.
- Liaison for the translators/interpreters.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, is responsible for managing and coordinating incoming media inquiries, customizing each association responses to specific media outlets.
- Plans, writes and circulates news releases, newsletters, and public announcements.
- Records media mentions of Saturviit to provide update to the Board of Directors and the Executive Director.
- Work with the executive director to continue to build relationships with external media.
- Coordinates and updates the media and circulates Saturviit activities.
- Two (2) year Diploma, Public Relations or Communications
- Minimum three (3) years experience: Media, Media relations and/or Public Relations and Communications.
- Fluent in Inuktitut and English, knowledge of French is an asset.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- $28.00 per hour ($43, 680 per year).
- Other benefits: %8 vacation benfits after 6 months; $150 monthly office allowance; work-related travel and expenses covered by Saturviit.
Location of Work
At home in any Nunavik communities or any Urban area.
RENEWABLE AFTER ONE YEAR, CONDITIONAL UPON FUNDING
Application deadline is April 17 2019 at 5:00PM ET.
Executive Director Hiring Committee
Candidates who are beneficiaries under the James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement will be given first consideration based on qualifications. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For more information call us toll free at 1-866-944-5003 from Monday to Friday between 9 :00AM-12 :00PM & 1:00PM-5 :00PM.
Saturviit Inuit Women’s
Association of Nunavik
2540 Ch De La Petite-Riviere
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC J7V 8P2