Saturviit Inuit Women’s Association of Nunavikis seeking a full-time permanent Secretary. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Secretary will assist the administrators and the Board of Directors in different aspects of her work. We are looking for an experienced worker in the not-for-profit sector with the ability to understand quickly her duties and to carry out her work independently. The candidate should be dedicated to the cause of Inuit women and desire to help grow the association.
Saturviit is a regional non-profit organization that represents the interests of Nunavik women. The organization works towards positive change in social and economic conditions affecting Inuit women. It does this through advocacy, representation, support for community projects, by undertaking and partnering on regional initiatives. We are funded through a number of contribution sources. Visit www.saturviit.ca to find out more about Saturviit and its activities.
This position is responsible for a wide range of secretarial duties and functions within Saturviit. These duties include, but are not limited to: answering phone calls & directing them when necessary, computer applications, typing and transcription, staff support, program support, management support, documentation and records management, scheduling and organizing board meetings, recording & distributing minutes, organizing travel & hotels for staff and directors, verifying invoices & expenses relating to travel, meetings and conference calls, honoraria and other Board activities; general office duties. This position is ideal for someone who is motivated, able to prioritize work assignments as they come in, and capable of working without supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS —
We are looking for an individual with relevant skills, practical knowledge, a combination of education and experience that will serve the organization, such as:
- Experience (1-3 years) in secretarial work;
- Graduation in business education or secretarial science; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new computerized programs; Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point & Excel is required. Experience with other office computer applications, such as Office 365, One Drive & cloud file sharing is an asset.
- oral and written communication skills; Inuktitut preferred, business English ability, French useful;
- experience in the not-for profit sector;
- demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision;
- demonstrated ability to work constructively and collaboratively with a Board, staff, volunteers and funders;
- ability to plan and organize a heavy workload, under pressure, to meet deadlines;
- working knowledge of office and communications technology;
- positive approach to others, professional, ability to work independently;
- if equally qualified candidates apply, priority will be given to JBNQA beneficiaries;
- Possess strong organizational skills and be reliable;
WORKING CONDITIONS —
The Secretary will work from their home or choice of locations in order to do the work.
Full-time job based on experience, the Secretary’s salary range is $36, 400 to $43, 680 ($20 to $24 / hour), with 4 weeks paid vacation per year. Saturviit employees living in Nunavik receive and additional cost of living allowance.
WORK SCHEDULE –
Monday – Friday / 9AM – 5PM (hour lunch) Travel to meetings with/for the Board. Hours may fluctuate depending on workload, to evenings & weekends.
TO APPLY —
Send resume, covering letter, and contact information for 2 references no later than Friday June 22nd, 2018 at 5:00PM ET:
Executive Director Hiring Committee
The search for a Secretary will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.